Membership in OACVB offers your bureau the opportunity to market its destination to the public, network with other bureaus, and make important contact with legislators.
- Annual Lobbying Day on Capital Hill – Each year, members of OACVB travel to Washington D.C. to meet with legislators. This is a unique opportunity to develop a relationship with your representatives, voice concerns of the travel industry and influence decision-makers.
- Social Events – Throughout the year, OACVB hosts events that provide members with an opportunity to socialize with industry professionals.
- Listserv/Forum – OACVB has an e-mail list that helps members network with one another. This easy-to-remember e-mail address allows members to have questions answered, give advice on certain issues, or share ideas.
- Ohio Destinations Online Newsletter – Every other month, a newsletter is sent to members, legislators, county commissioners and others in the industry via e-mail to keep them apprised of issues affecting the industry. The newsletters contain legislative updates on proposed bills that affect the industry, news notes and even job postings. The newsletter also offers members the opportunity to advertise their area to all those who receive the newsletter.
- Highlighting Events – Through our relationships with industry partners, OACVB is frequently asked for member event information for publications. This is a free service and a way to highlight events in certain areas throughout Ohio. We currently have a column in Ohio Magazine to publicize unique and interesting events with a statewide appeal.
- Public Relations – There are numerous opportunities for members to increase their public relations efforts. The office has the capabilities of writing and releasing press releases or assisting members with strategies to promote their bureau’s community. Being active in the association also presents an opportunity to promote a bureau’s role in the association in their local area.
- Government Relations – The OACVB offers government-relations services, such as strategies, advice or contact with a state legislator. By contacting the state office, a lobbyist is at your fingertips.